Thursday, February 9, 2012

Confessions of a Mom G33k




Remember the old days when video games were just for kids? Those days are long gone. With generations of gamers reaching their 40s, you can still enjoy all the classics on your ipad, computer, or pull out that dusty cartridge. I could hardly call myself a true techie if I didn't enjoy a good RPG fantasy or sniper masacar. Having children in our home makes my selection much more 'G' rated, but I am still a dungeon dweller at heart.  Here is a rough list of some of my favorites over the ages.


First IBM Computer: Gertrudes SecretsLogo, Madmaze, Oregon Trail, Snake, Carmen Sandiego, The Incredible Machine, Wheel of Fortune
NES: Joust, Legend of Zelda, Mario, Mario 3, TMNT2, Tetris, Startropics, Maniac Mansion
Playstation: Final Fantasy 8 & 10, N2O, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill,
Thinkpad A-Series: Diablo II, Sims, SimCity 2000, Morrowind, Snood, Myst, The 7th Guest
N64: Mario, James Bond, Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Banjo-Kazooie, Starfox
Wii: Supermario Galaxy 1&2, Wii Play, Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Twilight Princess
Dell Inspiron Zino: Oblivion, Skyrim, Sims3, Halo 2, WWF

Most recently I finished Skyrim in 60 hours at level 22 (the game creators beat it in 5 or less).  While the graphics were impressive, I didn't find the main quest extremely challenging like oblivion. The guide book is $50 in Sydney and this is the first time through an Elders Scroll series I opted not to purchase it. The ipad and smartphones have plenty of games to waste time on, and putting words with friends down can be tough. Honestly, I can't wait for the first time Ana or Nolan kicks my butt on the Wii.


No comments:

Post a Comment