Sunday, November 13, 2011

Freshwater Beach

Gives a whole new meaning to the word "commute"

Quaint and shallow, Freshwater Beach
This has been a lovely week from end to end. It started with a trip to the Opera house to see comedian Eddie Izzard. After explaining what his show was like in New York, I couldn't convince my husband to come along. Instead I strongly coerced a fellow expat into going with me. The ferry ride over at sunset was a delicious appetizer while celebrity spotting at the show was the icing on the cake. Eddie is still brilliant after all these years, though I won't claim to agree with his atheist worldview. Laughing that hard always feels good on the heart. I later read on wikipedia that Eddie ran 42 marathons in 51 days last year around the entirety of England.




The week also included a trip to Freshwater Beach, just north of Manly. It's tiny, quaint, and very shallow for kids. You can touch bottom a good 50m off shore and Nolan forgot all about last time he tried to go head first in the ocean.  My worrywart husband took Nolan straight to the bath but quickly learned one trip in the ocean isn't enough to deter a toddler. I'm so fortunate my husband looks out for our family as much as he does. I will never be the kind of worrier he is, my psyche rejects that much stress. More than once Paul told me he carries the weight of the world on his shoulders.  I'm glad someone strong and brilliant is up for the job as I would have let us loose full speed downhill years ago. We ended the exciting week with an icecream playdate. Even a cocky stopped by for a lick.



No comments:

Post a Comment